Tips & Tricks
Use the information provided here at your own risk. I assume no liability for the accuracy, correctness, completeness, or usefulness of any information provided by this site.
The tips and tricks presented here are a collection of useful observations made during daily work with miscellaneous software. Most of them apply to software running on Slackware Linux, the operating system I use most often. The majority is also applicable to other Linux distributions and other UNIX or GNU-based systems. Some, such as those regarding OpenOffice, are valid for Linux, Windows and any other operating system the software in question happens to run on.
- Improving Mozilla Thunderbird
- Recording audio streams with real-time compression or processing
- Changing CD-ROM speed to prevent noise
- Creating animated login screens for KDM
- Dealing with fonts
- Solving problems with Logitech mice